Free yourself from the monotony of boneless, skinless chicken breast - in this installment of TBSP Butchery Basics, you'll learn how to make the most out of the whole bird!
Join us for a fun, informative and hands-on class on selecting, butchering and cooking chicken.
Tablespoon’s resident butcher and “meat guy” Max Mcbride will teach you how to:
- Break down a chicken in the most useful ways: quarter, spatchcock and 8-piece
- Work with a reputable butcher to purchase high quality chicken
- Safely handle raw chicken
- Use the right techniques for cooking different parts of the bird
- Carve a roasted chicken
- Make your own homemade chicken stock
Each student will receive two whole chickens to practice their butchery skills. As with all TBSP classes, you get to take home anything you make, so be sure to bring a bag or container to transport your goodies.
No previous experience is required, but we recommend taking our Essential Knife Skills class for a more comprehensive experience. View our other class offerings here: http://tablespooncookingco.com/classes/
Seating is limited so sign up soon!
purchase tickets here
Questions? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org