Bring the taste of Paris straight into your home kitchen with this French Croissant class! Chef James Avant IV of OCD Cakes will lead your exploration of techniques in dough making, creating the butter block and mastering folds for the perfect flaky croissant. We’ll make classic, chocolate and sun dried tomato basil croissants! With an ounce of patience and practice, we’ll help build your confidence to recreate this flaky pastry at home. Each participant will work in groups to prepare croissants to eat and take home!
James Avant IV is the founder and owner of Obsessive Cake Disorder (OCD) Cakes. OCD Cakes, a small bites pastry shop, exists to take a bite out of the stigma surrounding mental health through the use of cake; a simple staple that has an emotional link to many of our experiences. In the moment we enjoy cake and other sweet treats, negative emotions and sentiments are scarce and we relish in the company and positive emotions which surround us.
Obsessive Cake Disorder describes the delicious disorder we all have; an obsession over great looking and tasting pastries! Located in Over the Rhine in Cincinnati, OH, the algorithm we follow is simple: your cake obsession + our products = satisfaction. Our attention to detail, innovation in taste and community outreach will make you feel good about what you’re eating and keep you coming back for more!
Purchase tickets here
Tickets are $69 per person
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted.
- Hands-on classes have a maximum capacity of 16 students.
- Meals are prepared and enjoyed at one large family style table so please be prepared to work and eat in groups.
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class. Please wear comfortable close-toed shoes. Aprons are provided to protect your clothes.
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish.